Articles: Marshall Islands College: Employment Opportunity for Mathematics Instructor
The College of the Marshall Islands, a community college located in the warm central Pacific six degrees north of the Equator on Majuro atoll, seeks a Mathematics instructor to join in our STEM Department. This is a full time position to begin in August 2012 with an initial contract of two years.
The successful candidate will predominately teach Beginning or Intermediate Algebra to
students who need to improve math proficiency to the college entry level. In addition, the
successful candidate may also teach from among the following: Survey of Mathematics, College
Algebra, Pre-Calculus, and Statistics. The candidate also has opportunities to develop and shape
new courses and develop departmental initiatives in areas of expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Teaching 12 credits per semester
- Designing, implementing and helping with faculty mentoring for professional development
- Student advising during early registration and registration periods
- Service to the college in areas of expertise
- Participation in on-going assessment and alignment of courses/programs and services
- Providing services to support the on-going expansion and advancement of the STEM
- A Masters in Mathematics or a Masters in Education with Bachelors in Mathematics.
Preference will be given to candidates with classroom teaching experience that incorporates
best practices and that have completed at least eighteen graduate hours in mathematics.
Salary and Benefits:
- USD$ 25,137 to $33,515. Salary placement is depending upon relevant education, training and
- Initial contract of two years
- CMI benefits package except for housing allowance
Review of applications will begin March 1, 2012. Applicants must submit;
- CMI employment application (found at the CMI jobs website www.cmi.edu )
- a cover letter,
- a Statement of Teaching Philosophy,
- unofficial transcripts,
- evidence of teaching (which may include an electronic portfolio or video teaching
- and 3 professional references.
Online Application http://18.104.22.168/~cmi/employment_opportunities.php
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CMI, Majuro, Marshall Islands, February 18, 2012